Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Qi- Gong Class

Today we had a class on qi-gong and it was pretty fun. I really liked this activity with a karate instructor he started qi-gong at around 11 years old and know he has fully developed qi-gong, he is really good at it. We all got to experience a different culture and understand another way of healing with our bodies/ another way of fitness with the body and becoming one with your inner chi. Chi is your energy and the instructor told us that your chi is something powerful, because once your get to master this your can move the chi around your body and feel the different places your body has that hurts. For example once you are able to move it around your can direct your energy/ chi ball you make to that certain place it hurts and then have it heal that. I enjoyed this, some people actually got to feel their chi ball and also got to move it and understand it/ play with it. Which was cool because they were amazed at it, and other's of us were just having fun an excited at how our bodies can stand for such a long time. Also how our hands and arms can stay in the same place for so long, also the pain after a while because of it staying there for so long. But I really thought this was fun, I mean we had so much fun. At least I did I really did enjoy this, and it was completely insanely awesome.
In conclusion I really liked this workshop it was an entire new experience and so much fun for me. Although most of it was about being quite and peaceful and in the end there was meditation time. A lot of people actually meditated got in tact with there inner selves while trying to find their chi. I really liked this and I hope we have as much fun as we had at the Karate Academy, so we can enjoy this in our class again, but with Ms. Golub as our instructor.

No comments: